Sunday, July 23, 2006

What Gives With This Guy?

Santonio Holmes: Not Off to a Good Start
RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.comFriday, July 14, 2006
Update: In addition to being arrested twice since being drafted No. 1 by the Steelers in April, Holmes hasn't returned any of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's multiple phone messages, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.
Recommendation: Roethlisberger realizes that he and Holmes need to get need on the same page as soon as possible. Veteran Jerome Bettis took Roethlisberger under his wing when he was a rookie, and the Steelers QB wants to do the same with Holmes. "I've reached out to Santonio, kind of like [Jerome Bettis] did to me," Roethlisberger said. "I gave him my numbers, told him to call me, and when he got into trouble, I called him a bunch of time and left a bunch of messages for him, and he has never called me back, so I don't know how to take it. If he wants me to help him and wants me to take him under my wing, I'll do that, but it is his call, now, not mine. The ball is in his court, so to speak, but I think he'll be OK and, hopefully, he'll get to camp and get his head screwed on straight." It would be hard to envision Holmes getting off to a worse start to his professional career.
Updated on Friday, Jul 14, 2006 9:37 pm EDT

No comments: