Monday, September 04, 2006

Possible Kiss Of Death?


May 13, 2006 12:30PM

Bullets & Bits for Saturday May 13, 2006.

OJ Is All About The Steelers: I admit I’m extremely partial to the Buffalo Sabres. Why wouldn’t I be? I’m from Buffalo and after going five-plus years without a single Sabres or Bills playoff game in my hometown, it’s nice to see so many rabid fans as well as band-waggon hoppers get excited about a Buffalo team. I’d mention the Buffalo Bandits are playing in the NLL Lacrosse finals tonight at home versus Colorado, but I tend to think that one doesn’t really care.
Anyway, I am all for fans and celebs around the world jumping on the Sabres bandwagon. I just don’t want O.J. Simpson to be one of them. He was spotted at last week’s Kentucky Derby. My initial fear was he would don a Buffalo Sabres hat. Love him or hate him, OJ is still big news in Buffalo and always will be. I simply don’t want him associated with the Sabres. Fortunately I was wrong about him wearing a Sabres hat. Unfortunately for the Pittsburgh Steelers faithful, you have a new fan.
This pretty much kills any hope of a Steelers repeat in 2006, and yes I realize I just used Simpson and the word “kills” in the same sentence.

This was taken from online at Fox Sports & MSN.

No comments: