Thursday, October 26, 2006

Redskins Nation




What the heck am I doing posting Redskins stuff on here? I visited my cousin Matt Hetrick two weeks ago who grew up in Middletown, MD but now resides in Ocean Beach in San Diego. He grew up as part of that I-270 corridor who are all Redskins fans. Yes, unfortunately some of my family are Redskins fans... LOL! We went out to watch football games on that Sunday, and we first went to a place called Winstons which is a huge Redskins hangout. Matt explained to me that there are a ton of East Coast transplants on the West Coast, and all you had to do was to look to find a place to watch your favorite team with fellow fans. I thought this was pretty cool. Most of us now live away from the Pittsburgh region, so we all know about what it is like to have to go somewhere that has the NFL Sunday Ticket to watch football. This place was packed with people from Maryland and Virginia who all live in San Diego now. Whenever the Redskins would score, they had a DJ who would play "Hail to the Redskins" which is the Redskins fight song. The first pic is of my cousin Matt standing outside Winstons, and the last two are of the crowd inside.

No comments: