Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Steeler Traditions & Supersitions Entry # 1

I will be the first person to get the ball kicked off for the contest.

What is my normal Steeler game day? I normally wake up and read the paper, eat breakfast, and drink coffee while anxiously awaiting kickoff. I prefer when we play at 1PM. If it were up to me, the Steelers would play every Sunday at 1PM. I print out my fantasy team match up for the day, and then start psyching myself up for the game by playing Steeler songs from itunes. Renegade from Styx, Back in the black from AC DC, the Steelers Polka, the "Here we go" song, and etc... You get the point. My wife thinks I am crazy, but that is a story for a different day. I normally then head to downtown Baltimore to a bar in Canton or Fells Point to watch the game with fellow Steeler fans.

Superstitions...

1. I wear the same outfit from head to toe while we are winning. I mean everything... I will wash everything but my jersey. The only time the jersey gets washed is when we lose so I can wash the loss away. When we went 15-1 and lost to the Pats in the AFC Championship, my jersey went from mid September until late January without getting washed. Smoke, beer, you name it....the smell of Steeler dominance! Whew...

2. You never wash your Terrible Towel! Terrible Towels are supposed to for "tears and beers"! They are never to be washed!

No comments: