Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Meet Mr. Brock!


Meet Brock Bowman. A.K.A. Brock-Star. Brock will turn two this upcoming February. Brock is the son of Brent and Carisa Bowman from Baltimore, MD(Canton) who are originally from Cumberland, MD. Cumberland is considered "Steelers Country", but after having moved to Baltimore, they have decided to wear purple and raise their son as a Ravens fan. I normally go by their house to either watch football or go out for football from there on Sundays. Here is a pic of Brock wearing his Ray Lewis jersey this past Sunday. I asked Brock to pose for me, and here he is doing his best "Ray-Ray" smile. I have been working with him on Sundays by asking him; "What day is it?" I have been attempting to get him to respond by saying "Game Day!"

How is this related to our Steelers? I was talking with a friend (Ben Pugh) while being at the Bowmans a couple of Sundays ago. Ben was commenting that he has not seen Brock recently, and was asking how big he has gotten. He then inquired whether I have gotten a Steelers jersey for my little buddy. I just laughed and said that I am not interfering with the way Brent and Carisa are choosing to raise little Brock. Brock is being raised as a Ravens fan. Ben being Ben, this set him off. You have to know Ben to appreciate this. He stated that this should be considered child abuse, and that I should report them to child services for making him wear purple! You gotta love Ben...

The point of all of this? "I say "Black", you say "Gold"..."Black, Gold, Black, Gold!"

No comments: