Monday, October 15, 2007

Steelers Traditions & Supersitions Entry # 3.

This submission comes from Chase Burnett from Sharpsburg, MD who is originally from Oakland, MD. Chase is one of my childhood friends, and attended WVU with Dave P and myself. Chase bleeds black and gold for our Steelers and is one of hugest Pens fan that I know as well. Thanks for the great post Chase! Here we go Steelers, here we go...

Well I have hesitated to write in my superstition because it was broke when we finally won the Big Game, super bowl XL.You remember the terrible towel that we had back in Lavale that we put on theTV when we were playing the Chargers in the AFC Championship and lost with the freak TD pass to that tight end that beat Willie Williams. Then like 3years (I have a terrible memory too) later when we were playing the Cowboys in the super bowl I had it in Oakland and laid it on the TV where we were watching that game. Well, we lost that game too. I pulled it out 2 other times for normal games over the course of the following 2 years and lost both of those games. The season that we went 15-1, I didn't pull it out but was downstairs and it fell out of a box while we were in the playoffs and I saw it. Guess what we lost that year too.Then when I took a new job surrounded by Ravens fans, I took the towel and nailed it to the door to my office to piss them all off. Actually thought that it would get destroyed and that would be the end of that towel. No-one touched it, and we ended up winning the Super Bowl that year and I haven't pulled it out since. I was so satisfied that we finally got over that hump that I forgot about it until now. It's back downstairs in a box somewhere and hasn't reared it's head since.

No comments: