Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Steelers Fashion Show 2007











Style brings an evening of football, fun and fashion
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

It was an evening of fun and fashion on the runway at Steelers Style 2007, the team’s annual fashion show at the Pittsburgh Hilton Hotel.
Players and their families modeled fashions from Reebok, American Eagle and hip'tique in Shadyside in the high-energy show.
Ben Roethlisberger and Casey Hampton were the honorary co-captains and opened the show to the delight of the sold-out crowd.
Kicker Jeff Reed, a perennial crowd favorite at the show, strutted down the runway in the opening jersey scene to Fergie’s hit song Glamorous.
“People would think I would come out to a more manly song, but it is fun,” said Reed. “I knew the words so I could dance to it.
“It’s a charity event where you can go out and show people your personality out of your uniform. By the choice of songs people know what kind of personality you have. I change my song up every year. It’s one of those things where you want to surprise people, but you don’t want to look like a fool.”Art and Greta Rooney and Mike and Kiya Tomlin, who modeled in a Steelers themed dress she designed herself and had one of her designs featured in the show, served as the chairpersons for the event. The show benefitted the Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and the Cancer Caring Center.
“The charities are very important to Art and me,” said Greta Rooney, who puts in endless hours to make the fashion show a rousing success. “That’s why I really like to support the cause. I have always enjoyed going to the fashion show. When I sat there watching it I knew it would be a lot of fun to do. I love getting the players involved in the community for people to see them as a person in their real clothes.
“I love to see them out there and the fans react to them. It’s like a big pep rally for me.”
Cornerback Ryan Clark and his wife Yonka took part with their three children, Jordan, Jaden and Loghan.
“It is fun,” said Clark, whose daughters wore pink Steelers attire in the Reebok scene. “It’s a good time for my wife and kids. It’s fun to get them involved. They have fun playing with different clothes and walking on the runway. They get a kick out of it. They feel like superstars for a day.”

No comments: