Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field?


This was the last poll question I asked with the Steelers Nation Newsletter. I thought this would have been as good as a place as any to start up again with.

"Three rivers has all that history. heinz field marks the new beginning of a new era. I think I'll have to pick three rivers because I have those fond memories of eating breakfast in the endzone club before the game and then walking right out those doors and standing on the edge of the endzone's backline. watched our boys warm up from the sidelines, then headed to 50 yd line seats for the game. those were incredible times. " Pat Bind of Baltimore, MD originally from Latrobe, PA.

"I think that Heinz Field is hands down a better facility. The problem is that is does not have any sense of history yet. As soon as we get our first ring for Heinz Field, and the fifth for our thumb, I will place Heinz Field ahead of Three Rivers. My only criticism of Heinz Field is the open end towards the river. I wish it was closed in and the place would even be louder and more rocking than it already is." JD from Baltimore originally from the lake.

"Found this old proposed architectural design for threerivers on a web site. Thought it tied in with yourquestion of the week. This design looks real cool interms of view.My opinion is you can't beat the dual sports venuessuch as Three River or Memorial. Baseball and footballin one place, it doesn't get any better. However, thegiant ketchup bottle at Heinz is a nice touch. I thinkthe Ravens should consider a contract with a hugeconglomerate that would result in a giant mustardbottle behind the goal post. Every time we get apenalty the bottle could spray yellow confetti intothe air." Brent Bowman of Baltimore, MD originally from Cumberland, MD.

Check out the drawing that Brent found on the net of what a proposed view of what Three Rivers would have looked like!

No comments: